Thursday 4 October 2012



So I have gone on the hunt to find some initial inspiration and have found these brilliantly colourful images taken in South Asia, which i found on the blog ethnoworld.tumblr. I admire the detail, and the intricate hena patterns on the face of the left image and the strong bold colour which is also used the headdress and accessories. 


Here is another image taken in India, titled 'The god with green faces' I know the image is not from a tribe but i was just drawn to the bold green. the images straight away remind me of one of  my favourite childhood films 'The Little princess' part of the film shows one of Hinduism's most popular figures; Prince Rama. 





Vivienne Westwood







The images above are from the Vivienne Westwood A/W 2011-12. Said to be inspired by the 'world wide woman'. I love the black scratchy makeup, which looks as if it was meant look as if it is war paint, the models appear to be almos
t like tribal warriors.

1 comment:

  1. Your range of references can be as wide as you like. I do not anticipate you to replicate the image of a Hindu god in your final presentation, but you must be inspired by it. So theater, film, tv and text are all possible sources that I expect you to use.

    Keep on researching in this way.

    ReplyDelete